2010 Tax Credit for Pellet Stove Purchases – Everything You Need to Know

ax Form For products “placed in service” in 2009, you need to file the 2009 IRS Form 5695 and submit it with your 2009 taxes (by April 15, 2010).

On the 2009 1040 form, the residential energy tax credit (from Form 5695) is claimed on line 52.

For products “placed in service” in 2010, you would take the tax credit on your 2010 income taxes.

What you need to submit and save: Save your receipts and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for your records.

Submit Form 5695 with your taxes.

Related topics: Which products qualify for a tax credit?

Is there an income limit on the tax credit?

Which components associated with my product are also eligible?

Is the $1,500 tax credit for each product? Each year? Each person?

Can the tax credit be carried over to future years?